Pages

21 April 2015

caught the bug






The basket-making bug that is... inspired by Soulemama, and the intro to this, I set off to the hardware store to grab some clothesline rope and try it out.  These are baskets #1, #2 and #3--which I added some fabric scraps to for color.  This was all yesterday, when I should have been homeschooling, and fitting in my own schoolwork...but I just couldn't stop!  

Today I'm using up the last of my 200ft roll to make an oval shape that I'm going to try to dye.  

I'm an impatient crafter, so I'm loving how quickly these go and how each one is a bit of a surprise in the end.  Can't wait to work on more!  

Joining Nicole today...

18 comments:

  1. wow, three in one day?! maybe i should give it a try. we need a few more baskets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel the bug!! :-)
    Very pretty basket!
    Lena x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baskets are beautiful! I'm inspired! Aloha, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color you put into them with the fabric scraps. I'm feeling a bit tempted now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to experiment more with fabric. :) You should try it out!

      Delete
  5. Mmm, now I want one, too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack! You are pushing me over the edge. I NEED to try this. I love how all three of yours came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I forgot to say - please do share how you added the fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and share this--I really just wrapped the rope with thin strips of fabric. :)

      Delete
  8. HA! I got the bug too, whipped a few up the other day, post coming tomorrow. I ran out of white thread and I see you used some coloured thread, wasn't sure how it would look, but I like it. I guess that means a few more baskets tomorrow. Love the fabric scrapes too, might have to give that a go as well.

    They are so much fun to make, definitely addictive. And I already know what everyone is getting for Christmas this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes! Amanda inspired me too! Not that I made one myself yet, but what a lovely baskets!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.