Pages

22 October 2015

crafting





I've been knitting up these Blue Leaf headbands with peace fleece yarn and both branch buttons and these lovely buttons from Natalie.  A quick, fun knit.

Also, I finally finished Z's birthday quilt.  He loved a small patchwork blanket that my sister gave me, and he also loves Johnson Wool (still made in VT!), so I bought their scraps (pre-cut into 8 inch squares and available by the pound) to make a wool patchwork quilt.  I used a very soft, flannel flat sheet that was an unused spare we had as the back.  

Joining Nicole this week.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm not great at sewing, but he is pleased with it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the quilt. So many interesting squares in it. I particularly love the plaid squares. Thanks for sharing my buttons! Do you mind if I share this picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fine--I don't mind you sharing the photo. :) I love the buttons!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic quilt....love the headbands & the buttons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, it looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the headbands! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh neat.... I didn't know they sell scraps.. I love the head band...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it took 2 lbs to make this. I think it was $20/lb...but kind of fun to get the mix of their wools. :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.