Pages

21 October 2015

thirty five









Today is my birthday.  I find them more special now than I did when I was younger... my friends plan a special outing for me, a break from my routine with the kids.  My mother-in-law comes to visit with dinner and dessert.  And I generally don't mind getting older.  :)
What seems so surreal to me is how it feels like just yesterday that I was a a child, spending all of my time with my siblings.  Or a 20 year old, hosting my sister for month long visits wherever I was living.  Or going on my first trip with Adam, our whirlwind trip to Martha's Vineyard.  Or a new mama with my baby always in my arms.  There is something bittersweet about those memories feeling so near; it makes time feel like it moves so quickly.
But I feel blessed for the fullness of my life and am looking forward to enjoying the day with family.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Wishing you all the best on your next trip around the sun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy Birthday - I also enjoy getting older - at least so far.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 35th Chris! Have a wonderful day and enjoy your family! Such a beautiful month to have a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.