Pages

23 November 2015

flint corn










We have tried in the past to grow flint corn, and it grew great...but molded when it was drying and we were unable to use it.  This year we grew Floriani Red flint corn and most of it dried well.  I was so excited that I ground up a few of the driest ears to make cornbread.  We often eat homegrown meals, but this week when we ate our chili and cornbread, everything but the salt, baking powder and spices came from our farm.  

(I apologize for the crappier pictures, but I have been using an old hand-me-down iPhone to take photos lately.  It's cost prohibitive to use as an actual phone, but it is just so easy to carry around in my pocket to snap photos!) ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.