Pages

23 February 2016

first boil (and a new bonnet)









Adam spent the day boiling yesterday, with the help of our friend Mark.  He made about 4 gallons of syrup, which I'll can up today and post in our etsy shop!  

Fenna had the sweetest little hand-me-down bonnet when she was younger and I wanted to make another one like it (after her 'rose aux joeus bonnet' went through the washer and dryer and I haven't been able to block it back to size successfully).  I used the 'fresh bonnet' pattern, but did fewer increases so it would be snugger to her head.  I also added a longer rib band along the bottom to make it more snug.  It fits well, though she doesn't like it tied tightly around her chin. 

Joining Nicole today...

6 comments:

  1. Aww what a wonderfully sweet and snuggly bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade maple syrup sounds wonderful - I know it's a lot of work. I love the smell of wood smoke and bubbling syrup. The bonnet is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--hanging out in the sugarhouse is the best. ;)

      Delete
  3. mmmmm....already? It seems early this year. Her hat is as adorable as she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly early, for the recent past. (Very early, traditionally). And thank you!

      Delete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.