Pages

22 February 2016

it's started






Because of a late dinner and meeting at church on Saturday evening, we ended up collecting sap in the dark.  I put the kids to bed and went out with Adam and two friends to gather under the moonlight.  It was one of the best sap runs we've had in years, more than 250 gallons.  The following day was the same!  A great start to this season.  This year we have about 275 buckets and about 25 taps on lines (on the few steeper areas of our woods).

We also celebrated K's 12th birthday yesterday, though he'd prefer to not have a birthday photo posted.  Maybe this sweet one from 12 years ago will be ok. ;)  




7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great start to the season, amazing! I bet collecting sap under the full moon was wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to been there to see this all take place and help! We decided tap our first trees this year this past weekend. I boiled some sap last night and today on the kitchen stove and got about a quart, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always more than welcome! Steve and Julie were up staying with Phil and Sarah--so we had lots of help on Sunday afternoon. ;) That's great that you are making some of your own syrup--I bet the kids love it!

      Delete
  3. Oh Kim, what a sweet baby!! And my 12 year old frequently would rather I didn't post photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Kris, I saw Kim's comment and so I called you Kim!

      Delete
  4. Oh Kim, what a sweet baby!! And my 12 year old frequently would rather I didn't post photos.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.