Pages

03 May 2016

Progress


I sewed a dress!  ...and it fits (mostly...I am a bit unhappy with how wide the neck is, but I'm already working on a shirt with the same pattern and altering the neck).

It's a bit funny that I posed by tulips, as the fabrics I chose resemble a dutch costume (my favorite one) that any local to my hometown would recognize.  

This is the pattern that Melody shared a couple weeks ago that got me tempted to try and sew.  I started with F's tunic and then tried out the dress



Joining Nicole this week...

And joining Melody here:

13 comments:

  1. The top still looks good! I love the colour of your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it, Kris- awesome job! I've wanted to do this one myself, but am thinking I'll wait a bit since maybe it would be too hard to nurse in? What do you think?
    F's face is priceless here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fenna still nurses at bedtime and I did try in this dress...it did not work for me, even with the wide neck. My mum was asking her for a nice smile... ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh good to know. I'll wait on this one then!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! It looks great on you. Wish you were closer, I have yet to sew anything for myself, and would love to take the plunge...could use all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure if I'd be great at helping you learn...but it would be fun to work together! :)

      Delete
  4. I love it. I also love the look on the little ones face! I don't think the neck is too big. Nice colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty! I love the tulips as a backdrop too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it turned out great! so good to finish a project that's been in the works!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.