Pages

02 September 2016














This mix of pictures pretty much sums up our August.  Lots of farm work punctuated with days at the lake with friends, days inside canning and days at farmers' market.
I have worked hard this summer to try and prioritize breaks.  Breaks from weeding and harvesting and canning and housework.  In the past, I've looked back at our summer months and realized I had not taken the kids swimming or on a hike or to visit friends nearly as much as I had hoped to.  So, this summer I made a point to do that.  I'm behind in canning and my herb garden is overgrown, but August was full and fun.

a day at our friends' airstream "cottage" on lake st catherine
one of the many cantaloupes we snuck from our farmstand
spicy dill pickles
an afternoon with our college friends (and their kids) on lake beebe
an after-bedtime load of hay
cantaloupe vanilla bean jam (which ended up more like a sauce)
a day trip to visit adam's family near boston
farmers' market
an afternoon at our friend's home on lake bomoseen
back to homeschool (sort of)
a surprise while doing chicken chores--raspberries are ripening

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I love canning! Capturing summer to get a person through the winter.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Thanks for visiting our blog!
Your comment will appear after moderation.